Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving

It's traditional (in the U.S., at least) to take Thanksgiving to reflect on all the things that we are thankful for in the past year. It's certainly been a busy year, with lots of changes coming down. My daughter has evolved from a baby to a child, and that's been amazing to watch. My son has taken an interest in his life and school and is becoming a mature young man -- no small feat for a sixteen year old. My wife has a new job, a permanent position doing exactly what she loves, working with people that she enjoys being around. And me? Well, I'm probably riding the biggest wave of all, living a dream I've had for twenty years or more. I'm writing all the time, working from home as my own boss, and am actually enjoying life for the first time in a long time.



I'd say that makes for a pretty darn good Thanksgiving, never mind the turkey and trimmings.



Here's hoping that you and yours have as much to be thankful for and that you're enjoying the beginning of the holiday season!

No comments: