Friday, November 11, 2005

Lost

Many people have told me how much they enjoy the television series "Lost." I've never seen it, and I've been told that it's not a series you can jump into late and expect to figure out what was going on. So, my wife and I rented the first DVD of the first series and watched the first episode tonight.

What exactly are we supposed to be getting out of this show?

Now, in all fairness, my wife loved the episode. But there was no story whatsoever! None! There were a lot of questions set up and a lot of blood and gore, and of course all of us are just a little bit afraid of being in an airline crash, so they play on that fear very well. But the epsiode itself tells no story whatsoever. Maybe that's why you can't come in late -- one story in this series takes much more than an episode to tell. If that's true though, I found the pacing to be rather slow. Yeah, there was a lot of flash and bang and things that go bump in the night, but I was really pretty bored. I dunno, we're going to watch the rest of this DVD, so hopefully I'll get hooked in the next couple of episodes. It's a hugely popular show, so they must be doing something right. I'll be interested to find out what that is...

No comments: